What is Agarwood?
It is an exotic, expensive, and highly sought-after wood that possesses some truly unique properties. Agarwood only becomes Agarwood when the Southeast Asian Aquilaria tree is attacked by a very specific type of mold. The Aquilaria tree then produces an immune response to the attack which yields a dark, aromatic resin. It is this rare resin which is used in incense, perfumes, and colognes due to its tranquil aromatics. It is sometimes even referred to as “The Wood of God.”
Top grade Agarwood is one of the most expensive raw materials in the world and can sell as high as $10,000/kg. It is often used in Buddhist temples where Monks burn Agarwood to achieve the highest states of consciousness during meditation and prayer. This might sound crazy, but when you smell Agarwood for the first time, you will understand why!
The oil contained in Agarwood is psychoactive and has many benefits:
- Calms the mind & relaxes the body
- Enhances clarity & awareness
- Relieves the mind of negative thoughts
- Promotes emotional healing
- Is a natural aphrodisiac
- Stimulates Chi & awakens the body from within
Each Agarwood Mala contains 108 beads with the main bead laser engraved. Now you might be thinking, why 108? Seems like an odd number. But, as it turns out, 108 shows up in nature, and Martial Arts, a lot!
The Significance of 108
- The diameter of the Sun multiplied by 108 equals the distance between Sun and Earth
- The diameter of the Moon multiplied by 108 equals the distance between Earth and Moon
- The diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth
- There are 108 pressure points in the body
- In Karate, particularly the Gōjū-ryū discipline, the ultimate Gōjū-ryū kata, Suparinpei, literally translates to 108
- The 108 moves of the Yang Taijiquan long form and 108 moves in the Wing Chun wooden dummy form, taught by Yip Man
- The Eagle Claw Kung Fu style has a form known as the 108 Locking Hand Techniques
Wearing Agarwood: The more you wear your Mala, the more prevalent the aromatics become, as the Agarwood oil reacts with the natural oils in your skin to emit the tranquil fragrance. So, when you are having a rough day, all you have to do is sniff your wrist for immediate stress relief (just make sure no one is looking.)
- Can be worn as necklace or bracelet
- Elastic chord with 108 pure Agarwood Beads
- Laser engraved main bead
- 16" long
The Budo Brothers Guarantee
If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply ship it back to us, and we will gladly swap it out for you, or provide you with a full refund no questions asked!
All prices in USD. Free Shipping in North America. Arrives in 5-10 business days.